How would you finish that statement?
As a female business owner I would like to ___________
When you finish that statement I’d like you to sit back and truly think about what you wrote down and why.
I’ve had many conversations with women business owners who aren’t sure what direction their business should go.
By answering that question you might get the clarity you are looking for.
What I would really like is for you to finish that statement right here on this blog post. Not only will we all benefit by seeing if we can help each other but you will get a link back to your site. What can that link do? Help others find you and your purpose. That’s pretty powerful!
In another post I talked about 4 ways to reach your goals.
Today let’s see how you can achieve what you wrote in your statement.
If we make too many goals there is a tendency to get overwhelmed. That being said it’s important that you set up your goals in a way that enables you to succeed in accomplishing them.
Let’s look at 5 ways to accomplish the statement you made.
1) Be Realistic – If we set goals that are unattainable rather than striving to reach that goal we might find ourselves shrinking back. Procrastinating because it seems too daunting. Your goal needs to be achievable in order to take the steps you need to accomplish them.
2) Planning – I’ve mentioned this before. You wouldn’t build a house without a plan would you? When you plan your goals break them down into smaller steps that can be achieved over time. You may have daily goals or they may be long-term goals. What I like to do is put my plans on a calendar. For me it’s not just any calendar it a calendar that gives me space to write down what I plan to do. I like having that physical visual aid. Its such a great sense of accomplishment when you can check that goal off your list isn’t it?
3) Set a target date – If you don’t put a specific time frame on your goal that word “procrastinate” could come into play again. You could be like Scarlet O’Hara who made this statement in Gone With The Wind: “I can’t think about that right now. If I do, I’ll go crazy. I’ll think about that tomorrow.” Don’t put off till tomorrow what can be done today. Make every effort to reach your target date for accomplishing your goals.
4) Take Action – You can have the best plan or the best idea but unless you take action you will never reach your goals. Perhaps you finished your statement by saying “As a female business owner I would like to help others. If you don’t take action and learn to network and network effectively you won’t be able to help the people you are meant to help. Don’t just set goals make them happen. Even if you take small steps just make them.
5) Track your goals – Once you taken action you need to track your results. How does this benefit you? By keeping track you are keeping yourself accountable. You will also be able to see what’s working and what’s not. When you analyze this make those minor or major tweaks necessary. Remember it’s all about making progress.
Now it’s your turn to finish the statement below:)
Be Savvy And Successful!
Toni Nelson – Award winning videographer and Photographer, Creator of The MINE System of Learning – video training courses designed to help you gain or sharpen your skills.
Author of Sexy, Savvy And Successful – A Woman’s Guide On How To Start A Business, Gain Financial Freedom And Buy More Shoes!