Do you have leadership qualities? In my last post that’s where we left off.
The top quality people look for in a coach is the ability to be a leader. Imagine finding a coach asking a question and having them be wishy washy on the topic you need help with. You wouldn’t feel like they had true leadership ability.
If you posses leadership qualities then you might enjoy transitioning into an online coach.
More than 543,000 people start a business every month.
It’s no wonder coaching has become a popular business to get in to.
Being a leader involves being able to demonstrate things to your clients.
Here are 6 leadership skills to consider.
1) Supportive – you have to have the courage to help your clients by helping them face their fears. This may not always be easy to do. A good coach is firm yet encouraging at the same time. Always remind your client of their past successes while dealing with a new fear or challenge.
2) Having a Vision – a good coach recognizes the importance of having a vision. So you will need to help your clients learn to identify theirs. This may be a business vison or a life based one. Visions can be achieved by setting and reaching goals along the way.
3) Integrity – it is important to be open and honest with your clients. You need to keep them accountable for their actions for both their successes and failures. Help them see why they didn’t reach a goal and what steps they should have put into place to do so.
4) Listen – being a good listener is one of the top qualities of any leader. As a coach this is demonstrated by knowing when to listen and when it is time to take action. You will know instinctively when you should lead and when it is time to let go. A good coach will get into the habit of asking their clients questions
5) Be Yourself – this is another great quality to have, and it is often the main reason why your client chose to work with you. I call this your P Factor. Your P Factor is your personality and it’s what people are drawn to. So you don’t want to lose yourself by turning into a coach that doesn’t reflect your personality. Instill the same qualities into your clients by getting them to dig deep and find out what their true values in life and business are. Help your client by showing them their personality is what will help them stand out from the competition.
6) Be Respectful – you don’t always have to agree with your clients but you do need to respect their viewpoints. A coach that shows respect knows when to be gentle and when to be more forceful. They will teach their clients to always look at the different sides of any situation first.
You never want to reflect the type of personality that makes your clients feel they can’t approach you and get the help they need. This is a journey you are guiding them through. Think of yourself as the guide leading them through the jungle of misinformation.
Develop these 6 leadership qualities and you will have people asking to work with you.
You might like to download my free report for 10 Reasons You Might Need A Coach. It could give you insight into what your perspective clients are going through.
Now that we’ve talked about leadership qualities, in my next post we’ll discuss building your business.
Be Savvy and Successful!