Building a successful brand will certainly solidify your business in the industry you are in
Think of logos for various businesses. What do you think of? Do you think of the lizard that represents Geico? Do you think of the red target sign for Target stores? What about the logo for Starbucks?
Logos call to mind who the company is.
Your brand doesn’t have to be just the logo, however.
It can also be a statement or tagline. In short, you’re branding stands for who you are and what your business stands for. As you establish your brand your business will become known as a business that can be trusted.
Developing your brand takes time and consistency.
Let’s talk about how we can start building your brand.
1) Be real and honest with your customers. Never promise something that you cannot deliver. If you promise what you cannot deliver your credibility will suffer. Strive to not only deliver on your promise but over deliver.
Always speak in terms that your customers understand.
Put a face to your business. Add a photo of yourself to your business. This will help people come to know like and trust you. People will start to recognize the image of you and immediately think of your Business.
Think back to the example of Geico. They use the lizard as their image. When they tried to change that image people did not react well. Why? They came to know like and trust the Geico lizard.
Let’s think about the advertising for Progressive. Everyone knows Flo! When you see her image you immediately think of Progressive.
Since an image is so important be sure you are using a professionally taken image of yourself.
2) Create a great customer service experience. The major flaw with many companies lies in their customer service. Customer service is the backbone of your business.
Try to put different systems in place that promote a great customer service experience. For example, after someone makes a purchase be sure to send a thank-you e-mail. If a customer request additional information be sure to get that out to them in a timely manner.
When I had a great customer service experience at the car dealership you know what I did? I wrote a blog post about it. That’s how impressed I was with their customer service.
Wouldn’t you like people writing a blog post about how wonderful your customer service is?
3) Be consistent with your brand Whatever you decide your brand will stand for be true to that. Use people and ideas that are in line with your brand to help identify it to your audience.
4) Target the right audience Your brand is reaching out to a certain target audience or demographic. You need to connect with these people in order to make offerings for your products or services. Use keywords to draw your customers to you. Create a list of potential customers and then stay in contact with them.
5) Promote your product to your specific audience When promoting your product do so in the places you know your target audience is listening to. For example, if you feel your target audience is largely on Facebook make sure you have a Facebook presence. Are they on LinkedIn? Your goal is to make sure you are promoting your products there as well. You want to be drawing people into your website specifically your blog. Make sure your blog addresses the issues that your audience has for your products and services.
Here are some additional tips:
Create YouTube videos and podcasts about your products to increase customer engagement.
Facebook live is an excellent way to virtually meet your ideal customer/client.
There’s no doubt that these strategies can help increase your online visibility.
Podcasting is a great way to get comfortable with “speaking” to your audience. Think radio show host.
Video helps your audience have that immediate connection with you. Think of video as your own TV show!
When promoting your products and services speak directly to your individual target audience. Think in terms of having a conversation with someone you know.
This goes back to what I stated earlier about speaking in terms that your customer understands and in a language that they are comfortable with.
It’s important that you build a consistent brand so that each and every time someone comes in contact with your marketing pieces they immediately “remember” who you are.
What is the key to creating a consistent brand?
- Create a consistent look
- Communicate a consistent voice in all of your communications
- Embrace a consistent message across all your marketing channels.
How do you build the proper foundation that enables you to have your message, story, and statement to the world be one of consistency?
One of the best ways to do that is with my 5 Professionally Designed Branding Templates.
You will receive 5 different template sets with 7 templates included in each set to use to help you brand and market your content. Each set includes templates for a report/ebook, how to article, tips list, checklist, worksheet, slide show and blank template.
That’s a total of 35 templates plus the undesigned originals. That means you can use whatever colors you choose with these raw files.
How To Article Templates
I’ve done all the work for you, all you need to do is follow the prompts for creating your how to articles. Choose between these 5 eye-catching templates.
Top List Template
These 5 list templates will help you write your list content in no time flat. You will receive 5 different designs to choose from which lets you focus on the content.
Checklists are super popular. Use the checklist templates to give your ideal audience the details they need, so they don’t miss anything you want to share with them.
Having worksheets to hand out with your products, at webinars, to teach your customers something of value will help them connect with you in a much better way. It’s broken up into different parts to make it easy to follow. Choose from 5 different templates.
Slide Show Templates
You can use the slideshow templates to create a course, webinar, instructional video. Choose from 5 different templates to help you brand your presentation.
Raw Content Templates
You will also receive all the templates in a raw unformatted version so that you can use your colors and creativity.
Just think of the hours you’ll save with these done for you marketing templates.
Check out all the details here: Branding Template Start Up Kit
Just think, you’ll be able to create a checklist like mine to offer to your ideal audience!
You can gain access to my branding checklist for free by adding your name and email below.